Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Azurette 28 oral.

11/20/2010 3:48:04 PM

Reviewer: AtlantisWaites, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Terrible. I have never taken a birth control that CONVINCED me that I was pregnant from day one of taking it. I switched from Loestrin 24 to Azurette to get away from the mood swings and the feeling pregnant feeling and I totally got a phantom pregnancy! I'm taking myself off this to go back to something else.

11/4/2010 1:14:45 AM

Comment:
Thanks gals for posting your experience. I had used Mirette and Kariva in the past with minimal side effects, and was given Azurette by my pharmacy as a generic about a year ago. Since taking Azurette I have had everything from frequent yeast infections, painful sex, low to no libido, and fatigue. The only way I discovered the connection between these side effects and Azurette was when I recent ... Show Full Comment

10/24/2010 5:05:26 PM

Reviewer: kat414, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Thank you to the other ladies who posted on here about azurette! I had been taking Mircette then Kariva for the last several years without issue. After a move out of state, I had my prescription sent to Walgreens instead of my usual Target, assuming it would be easier. After getting home with my perscription, I realized it was Azurette, not Kariva. The next day I returned to Wagreens & was tol ... Show Full Comment

9/17/2010 12:51:49 PM

Reviewer: LJ1414, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
i took azurette for a year with no problems. no side effects. but as with all 7 pills that i have tried before, after a year i start to have break through bleeding. so on to the next pill.

9/9/2010 9:06:31 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I am so relieved to see many others having the same experience as myself. Walgreens switched me from Kariva to Azurette without contacting my doctor. I just assumed it was the same, but I was wrong. My migraines starting coming back, and I noticed major mood swings. I was very irritable and always tired. My doctor finally realized what had happened and switched me back to Kariva. I went to ... Show Full Comment