Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Azurette 28 oral.

7/28/2010 2:14:17 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
First I want to thank all of the ladies who posted feedback here. Your reviews have made me feel so much better. I have felt like I was going crazy for the last few months and had a hunch that it was this pill, but wasn't sure. Your reviews, and identical side effects, have confirmed to me that I need to stop taking this pill. I was prescribed Kariva, like many others, and took it for 3 mo ... Show Full Comment

7/27/2010 10:21:16 PM

Reviewer: shorty157, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started Azurette a little over a week ago and have been nauseous when I get hungry, when I eat, or am really tired. I am very emotional, and have missed my period. Is this all normal? I have taken pregnancy tests ( about 4 or so) and they are all negative. I'm very worried and am expecting the worst. HELP!!

7/19/2010 1:57:38 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Been taking Kariva for years then walgreens switched me to azurette 6 months ago. Experienced hair loss, major mood swings, anxiety, depression, pain in calves and weight gain. Didn't realize it was due to this pill until reading all these reviews. Thank you ladies for posting! I don't feel so alone now. I'm never taking this again.

7/5/2010 5:46:43 AM

Reviewer: DownWithBadBirthControl, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor prescribed me to Azurette. Everything seemed to be going well the first week and then everything seemed to go down hill from there on. I always want to eat, especially sugar. My back hurts, im craping, exhausted, and worst of all i have EXTREME mood swings ( depression/severe sadness, paranoia, anger, crying...) I am not happy at all with this product.

7/2/2010 11:59:50 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I just started taking birth control for the first time last year. I started taking Lutera and it was awful! I was constantly emotional and always hungry. I recently switched to Azurette and have been very pleased! I have been a little more tired in the afternoons but overall no other side effects.