Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Apriso oral.

8/26/2014 2:44:15 PM

Reviewer: Happy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm 28 and was diagnosed with UC 6 months ago. I started on Apriso immediately. I misread the dosage and have been taking 1 pill in the am instead 4. My symptoms have gone away except for a couple of instances within 6 months. My gastroenterologist was pleasantly surprised at my success on such low dosage . Only side effect for me is slight nausea througout the day if I dont eat small meals th ... Show Full Comment

7/18/2014 2:58:15 PM

Reviewer: Lee, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I tried 3 doses as samples to replace Pentasa (which gave me headaches) and they were ok. But the day after I paid $60 for a prescription of Apriso (no coupons available) I started a "acute intolerance syndrome" - cramping, headache, stomach pain and bloody diarrhea. Stopped the Apriso and all symptoms stopped except the blood. That took 6 weeks on prednisone to stop completely. I ... Show Full Comment

5/31/2014 10:01:30 AM

Reviewer: cenla, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I started taking Apriso several years ago (4 or 5?). I have had a couple minor flare-ups, all when I waited too long to visit the doctor after a prescription ran out. Once I got a new prescription and started taking it again - all better! Overall I would say this has made a GREAT improvement in my life. I take 4 pills in the AM, which is so much easier than having to take Asacol all day long.

3/11/2014 8:51:32 PM

Reviewer: aguidry, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I was diagnosed 3 years ago with UC. Apriso put me in remission, but my hair began falling out in chunks. I had a lot of hair before being on Apriso. I reduced my dosage from 4 pills a day to 3 and then 2, but cannot maintain remission on 2. My hair is still falling out. Compared to three years ago, I am bald. I am working with my gastro to switch medication.

11/21/2013 10:55:25 PM

Reviewer: David, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I tried 2 other drugs for my colitis, but this is the very best. Bowel movements are almost normal, no more running to the bathroom all the time.