Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Acanya topical.

9/30/2015 11:33:00 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Awful awful treatment. I have very minimal acne. My dermatologist prescirbed me acanya. I used it as suggested my minor pimples did not fade, but I got extreme redness and it looked as in my face was burned. It was so much worse than my pimples. I stopped using it for a while and then put it on one more time to see if maybe the first time I was just over doing it. Nope. Next morning I woke up with ... Show Full Comment

8/25/2015 11:32:18 AM

Reviewer: tvelazquez9579, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Ok, I WAS using aczone and retin-a in Florida, but I moved to Puerto Rico and that was no longer sufficient in keeping my acne under control. My dr had me stop the aczone, put me on the acanya and I love it. Yes it dried me out, so I put my moisturizer on first then I put it on all over my face and then I use elta sunscreen. Also I switched my cleanser to the glytone gentle cleanser. I still u ... Show Full Comment

8/17/2015 4:46:02 PM

Reviewer: CEllin, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have suffered from acne my whole life. I was using Proactiv and although it was OK, it didn't really work consistently. I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed Acanya. I've been using it for 5 months and it has generally stopped my breakouts. And with my insurance, it's actually much cheaper than the Proactiv was. I'm generally pleased.

7/6/2015 11:03:01 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using Acanya for 3 years. After a year it started to dry out my skin somewhat. I still have slightly dry skin but I think it is definitely worth having an acne free face.

6/19/2015 1:26:35 AM

Reviewer: okiemom, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
If you find after 45 days this product doesn't work well for you put it in the fridge at least avoid keeping it in a steamy bathroom cause it will loose effectiveness, in the fridge you will get 4 months out of a bottle. Works great in combination with other things for my son this is a benzyl peroxide with antibiotic if you are sensitive to benzyl OTC I wouldn't use this, we always tell ph ... Show Full Comment