Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Creon oral.

7/25/2015 4:14:10 PM

Reviewer: coco29, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I did out my pancreatic organ failure by giving my go Dr.a stool sample. She put me on this medicine and I feel it helping a little. I need to stick with the diet that comes along with it. I still have the left side pain and back pain. I will give a up soon!

7/22/2015 5:00:32 PM

Reviewer: maggie m, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
had whipple procedure 2013. Currently taking 36,000 u with meals. MD told me to take 2 with meals and 1 with snacks. I find it gives me a lot of gas and diarrhea. Sometimes abdominal pain. I cut it to 1 with meals and 24,000 u with snacks. I still have diarrhea and lots of gas. Anyone else have these symptoms?

10/20/2014 4:48:13 PM

Reviewer: honeybell, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Had whipple procedure June 2013. Recently I stopped taking creon because it is causing a lot of gas and loose stools, about 5times a day. I take 24000. I will see how it goes. Maybe I need to take less.

8/27/2014 8:44:04 PM

Reviewer: gardengirl, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
after 3 mos uncontrolled diarrhea was diagnosed with pancreatic insuff and started on 36000 units Creon with each meal. I now am able to live an almost normal life adhering to low fat, carb diet eating mostly natural foods with no additives,preservatives or artificial sweetners. Never had pancreatitis or other precursor diagnoses but did use alcohol at times heavily. Thank God the wake up call cam ... Show Full Comment

7/26/2014 8:53:44 PM

Reviewer: scarlet, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am wondering what to eat with this since I don't eat much after losing my colon also and now the pancreas is not functioning right. I don't drink but smoke which I am working on stopping.