Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Feraheme IV.

12/8/2013 10:25:34 PM

Reviewer: Carolyn nngs32, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
The only side effect was nausea for a few days after the treatment.

9/20/2013 5:32:10 PM

Reviewer: rashy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had 2 infusion txs for iron def anemia and after first tx started to have a hive like rash on my forearms. I showed this to the tx RN who reported it would go away in about a week. Upon completion of my second tx (7 days s/p)I had hives bilaterally on my hands, forearms and up the front of my shins. It has taken alot of antihistamines and steriod cream to get this rash to go away. I have finally ... Show Full Comment

9/14/2013 4:03:21 AM

Reviewer: Zoe, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed a two-dose course. During what was to be my first dose, I had a swelling feeling in my throat and dizziness. The nurses monitoring me gave me a steroid infusion and kept me 3-4 hours for monitoring. When I called my doctor's office to see if I should pre-medicate with Benadryl, they told me there would be no second infusion. Apparently allergic reactions can be very severe eve ... Show Full Comment

8/26/2013 2:18:29 PM

Reviewer: Charlene, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am on my second of four infusions and I have had the worst nausea, "swimmy" head and just all around aweful. My IV push only takes about 10 minutes and I was wondering if my side effects are because of how quickly they push it?? Really not looking forward to these each week.

8/7/2013 5:53:46 PM

Reviewer: Paula, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had my first dose of Feraheme this week and I ended up in ER from a severe allergic reaction, from burning sensations, itchiness, feeling out of sorts. The next day I was at my Specialist office with another allergic reaction from Feraheme. They have to canceled my second dose because of all the major side effects from this iron infusion.