Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Stelara subcutaneous.

4/14/2014 3:20:30 PM

Reviewer: Lost , 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
My wife died from using Stelara on April 1st 2014. She developed Melanoma due directly to the use of Stelara. Run, run away from this drug. 30 months after beginning the use of Stelara she is gone.

4/4/2014 8:24:45 PM

Reviewer: Richard, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Wonderful drug for my psorasis. Completely cleared after 40 years. Only drawback is I am always tired, but the benefits far outweigh this problem.

2/20/2014 6:24:38 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started Stelara back in October 2013. I've had three injections altogether at this point. The most helpful thing I can tell you is that I never review anything, ever. However, Stelara has worked so well for me that I had to say something about it. I've had psoriasis since I was about five years old, and I've tried basically every treatment available. Stelara has, hands down, worked b ... Show Full Comment

9/28/2013 3:00:27 PM

Reviewer: StephaniP., 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I began taking Stelara just a few months ago. My freshman year of college I was diagnosed with psoriasis that eventually covered over 20% of my body. I started out with the creams, then to Humira. It cleared me up to about 5% body coverage after a few months, but was the most painful shot I have ever taken. It was every two weeks and I ended up just telling my dermatologist it was too much pain an ... Show Full Comment

7/12/2013 4:25:14 PM

Reviewer: Beth, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had psoriasis for the past 35 years. After trying every drug from ointments to enbrel with no success my doc put me on stelara. The results were amazing after only 2 months so I put up with the side effects and my skin was plaque free for about a year. Gradually it started to come back again all over and the shots were discontinued. One year later and my skin is the worst it has ever been!