Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Sumavel DosePro subcutaneous.

6/2/2011 1:38:52 PM

Reviewer: Ruth D, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
My daughter has had migraines for several months. During a recent attack,the pain was so bad she couldn't talk or see clearly. She told me to give her a shot (free sample from nurse practitioner).After shot,she broke out in rash and her stomach was convulsing.I called 911.Her blood pressure shot to 172/100.It is usually half that.5 hrs at hospital,4 days recovery, still episodes of dizziness. ... Show Full Comment

5/12/2011 6:01:04 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have to agree that it is a painful injections. I have a migraine everyday, but I can have severe ones that last about 2 to 3 weeks. When I inject myself with the medication it makes the migraines go to a dealable level within 15 minutes. I love this medication because I don't have to spend my day in the bed. I inject myself and I keep going. None of the pills work at giving my any relie ... Show Full Comment

5/2/2011 11:56:54 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
The shot is painful and leaves a welt when I use it, but that pain is much better than the migraine. I usually have relief within 45 minutes to an hour. I use this about twice a month and as painful as the shot is, it works great for me with no symptoms or lasting effects afterwards.

4/30/2011 7:19:25 PM

Reviewer: Godcoremom, 45-54 Female (Patient)

Comment:
After having tried triptans before, with no relief I was not expecting anything but I had promised my Dr I would try it. After all, it was a free sample. IT WORKED!!! I am a migraine survior of 38 yrs, and the only thing that worked was PanlorSS, untill they pulled it off the market. I am so thankful for Sumavel.Sometimes, I need a pain pill along with it - but at least I have something in my purs ... Show Full Comment

3/12/2011 11:26:51 AM

Reviewer: katie_batch, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
With in 2 mins I automatically had side effects. I had blurred visison, dry heaving, almost fainted and also had to lay down and my Dr. had to give me a anti-nausea pill along with a benadryl. IT WAS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!