Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Sumavel DosePro SubQ.

5/2/2011 11:56:54 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
The shot is painful and leaves a welt when I use it, but that pain is much better than the migraine. I usually have relief within 45 minutes to an hour. I use this about twice a month and as painful as the shot is, it works great for me with no symptoms or lasting effects afterwards.

4/30/2011 7:19:25 PM

Reviewer: Godcoremom, 45-54 Female (Patient)

Comment:
After having tried triptans before, with no relief I was not expecting anything but I had promised my Dr I would try it. After all, it was a free sample. IT WORKED!!! I am a migraine survior of 38 yrs, and the only thing that worked was PanlorSS, untill they pulled it off the market. I am so thankful for Sumavel.Sometimes, I need a pain pill along with it - but at least I have something in my purs ... Show Full Comment

3/12/2011 11:26:51 AM

Reviewer: katie_batch, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
With in 2 mins I automatically had side effects. I had blurred visison, dry heaving, almost fainted and also had to lay down and my Dr. had to give me a anti-nausea pill along with a benadryl. IT WAS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/26/2011 6:45:13 AM

Reviewer: melzgurl423, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was traveling home from an event and had a headache trying to start so I just pull out my pen and injected it into my skin and within minutes I could feel it working on my headache. Fastest of all the medicines I taken orally but not as fast as the IV at the hospital.

2/7/2011 12:37:23 AM

Reviewer: peg, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Although headache was finally relieved two hrs after injection, it returned within the next 2 hours and I had to take a Sumatriptan tablet for relief. The Sumavel injection was quite painful, leaving blood and swelling. That would be worth it if it had been more effective. I was also left with overwelming weakness for several hours after dosing. Not going to try this again unless desperate -- will ... Show Full Comment