Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Actemra IV.

5/3/2011 7:52:25 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis
5/3/2011 11:45:21 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I had been on Enbrel for years with great success but alas, it wore off and I was in terrible shape. After a tremendous battle with my insurance, my doctor got me on Actemra. First two doses - nothing. Then he doubled my dose. It began to show some signs of promise. Now after five infusions at the higher dose I can say it really is working. I had a huge nodule in my left wrist that is go ... Show Full Comment

4/25/2011 5:25:28 PM

Reviewer: MAYS, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Actemra has been so good to me! I have been on it for 8 months now and have felt the best i have in a long time. I am also on methotrexate injections, they seem to work really well together. I have tried so many medicines with no success so i am very excited about this. I can tell the week before i need a treatment, but my pain is tolerable. LOVE IT!

4/13/2011 4:26:08 AM

Reviewer: Jenny, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Hello, I have severe RA and was hospitalized for a month and could not walk at all and barely use my hands. My dr started me on 8mg/kg of Actemra. I have finished 5 infusions now. It was really after the 3rd infusion that I noticed a big difference. But still I was not happy and wanted better so my Dr put me back on MTX, a drug that has not worked out for me in the past due to nausea, but this t ... Show Full Comment

4/10/2011 7:01:08 PM

Reviewer: jamy34, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I been on this for one month. Day after receiving treatment, my blood pressure went up, severe headaches, and numbness in fingers. Cancelled all appointments for further infusions of actemra.