Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ampyra Oral.

7/18/2014 12:12:12 PM

Reviewer: kime, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Walking has improved. No spasms in left leg lately. But after a month on ampyra my tongue started to hurt when eating spicy foods. Then my whole mouth was in pain. I could eat anything nor use listerine after brushing. Very painful.

3/27/2014 10:22:29 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
When I take it as prescribed, I walk like a normal person, although I can't push it all day and wouldn't dare run. Only worry is that if I run out, I find myself having great difficulty walking - seems to be much more acute than before I started taking it. An effect of ampyra or a coincidence?

3/5/2014 9:59:09 PM

Reviewer: Wheelie57, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Took it for 2 wks before the dreaded UTI showed up. No noticeable benefit from taking it.

1/8/2014 2:31:13 PM

Reviewer: COPt, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Off Amprya after 15 days. Side effects:1)major hot flash 1.5 hrs after taking, lasted about 15 min, 2)about 2 hrs after taking made very sleepy and slept for 3 hours,3)by day 5 gait and balance worse, 4) by day 8 felt very spacey like head not connected to body. Side effects intensified balance & gait troubles. After 7 days off med I am back to where I was before starting. Still walk with a ca ... Show Full Comment

12/7/2013 9:12:04 AM

Reviewer: gugi99, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Experiencing very bad burning skin on my legs like a bad sunburn on my skin. Don't know if it is from Ampyra or not, but I was on it when it first came out, and then stopped because my Neuro said I wasn't walking "fast enough" then went back on to see if it would help with the "quicksand feeling" I will say I forgot if that is helping because the burning is so bad I wan ... Show Full Comment