Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ampyra oral.

11/18/2012 8:06:34 AM

Reviewer: budger, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed in 2007. The last couple of years I was having trouble walking, getting up if working in the garden,fell down a few times for no reason. I have been on it for a couple of weeks and love it. My husband and I both notice the difference with taking it. I have had no side effects.

9/20/2012 1:25:05 PM

Reviewer: vallo1@aol, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with Progressive MS over 30 years ago. I am now wheelchair bound. I started taking Ampyra in July of 2010. At first it was helping me get around easier. I was able to stand more securely. Then, I guess, the MS reared its ugly head and I started going downhill. So, I suggested to my neuro that I stop the medication for a week or two then restart. I was told to taper off the dr ... Show Full Comment

8/27/2012 6:52:12 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Am not sure if it is working. o know that when I try to go off drug I feel very bad. So maybe it is doing something.

8/10/2012 1:09:05 PM

Reviewer: PG83, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Was diagnosed late like so many but had symptoms for years. Began ampyra used it one month. Helped my weak side some at first after I started 2 x day began spasms, tremors, extremely weak all over. Seemed to set me back 4 years. Neurologist took me off of med but continue to recover from the problems. Not yet back to where I was. Still have spasms and pain but not as much. Really regret takin ... Show Full Comment

7/31/2012 10:37:47 PM

Reviewer: Red7172, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Overall I am happy with Ampyra. My side effects stop after the first week, but I find this med seems to work for me some days and other days it doesn't. When it does work I do walk much better, and faster.