Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ampyra oral.

6/29/2010 3:06:10 PM

Reviewer: maggiemae, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking Ampyra for 3 weeks now without any major side effects. I'm walking better than I have for the past 15 years. For me, it's truly a "miracle" drug. A word of caution-Ampyra tablets look very similar to Nuvigil tablets. Hope everyone could have similar results-true improvement in quality of life!

6/26/2010 12:05:45 AM

Reviewer: Arisu, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I knew the medication was working the first day. My hip joint was able to move up a bit after I had dragged my leg for two years. I am able to walk quite a bit faster and others have noticed. I haven't experienced bad side effects, however, I think the side effect about falling is due to the increased ability but since atrophy has been an issue for me--my limbs were not strong enough to walk ... Show Full Comment

6/17/2010 7:16:45 PM

Reviewer: jjdms5, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am definitely walking more quickly and smoothly! I still have my bad days (balance issues/unsteadiness) but I'm noticeably walking better. The big pills are difficult to swallow.

6/17/2010 3:05:57 PM

Reviewer: Scootergal, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This my third wk on Ampyra. Side effects so far are weakness,tingling in feet (only lasted 2 days), balance issues, and had severe nausea on 1st day only. My walking seemed to improve somewhat but could have been cooler weather. Walking has been harder lately could be due to extreme temps. Research I have done says you have to be on it for 3 mths to see improvement. Not giving up on it yet, will ... Show Full Comment

6/14/2010 7:20:56 PM

Reviewer: Vicki, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Since I began taking this medication( 3rd week) I have tingling in my hands and feet (did not have prior to use) My balance improves some. I'm wondering if the strength is too strong? Discussed with my pharmacist and she encouraged me to continue for 30 days. Then consult my doctor if symptoms do not subside.

man rubbing painful knee