Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Dilaudid (PF) Inj.

2/7/2014 4:02:32 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have severe Crohns disease and a list of other things that would make your head spin. Many of them cause me pain every minute of every day. I get this drug when I'm in the hospital for my pain, at home I take hydrocodone and I've been on narcotic pain killers for over 15 years. This is a miracle drug! It takes about 80-90% of the pain away for anywhere between 1 to 3 hours *depending on ... Show Full Comment

9/15/2013 3:36:03 PM

Reviewer: fergy, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
was in the ER with severe pain and they gave me a im injection of morphein and it didnt help so they gave me dilaudid in the hip and i wasnt in pain anymore it works

6/17/2013 10:01:49 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was given Dilaudid when morphine, MS Contin and Flexeril didn't work on a muscle spasm in my back. After 2 doses I had relief from the pain. This was the only one that worked consistently. Spent 2 days in the hospital after the ER trip and they did a poor job of pain mgmt there. ER did much better job.

12/26/2012 1:27:04 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I take 5 each 8 mg tablets per day and this medication does not make me sick to my stomach and does not have any adverse side effects at all. The only problem I have with this medication is that it is hard to obtain. I do not know of a satisfactory substitute. I fear withdrawal and I wish that people who suffer from severe chronic pain would be allowed ti obtain this medication.

5/14/2011 2:12:10 PM

Reviewer: corrina74, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have several serious medical conditions that each cause VERY sever pain. I also have Gastroparesis, which makes taking pain pills worthless. I get Sub-Q injections every 3hrs and the pain is considerably eased. Nothing can take my pain away, but this is the best it's ever been. I no longer have any side affects, they all go away within a short period.