Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Dexilant Oral.

1/9/2011 10:34:20 AM

Reviewer: patrol, 75 or over Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Because of suspected problems taking Nexium and lots of Motrin the Dr prescribed Dexilant. Within 12 hours of taking the first 60 mg pill I started with diarrhea, it continued through three days and three pills. I actually lost about ten pounds at this time. Stopped taking the pill and took an anti-diarrheal med. Will seek other meds for the GERD and indigestion.

1/3/2011 10:58:41 PM

Reviewer: lighthouse554416@aol.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
THIS IS THE ONLY, DRUG I HAVE TAKEN IN YEARS, AND I MEAN YEARS, THAT HAS TRULY WORKED! I HAVE HAD GERD REFLUX,FOR YEARS SINCE,IN MY TWENTIES & IM NOW 65. IM A YOUNG 65. I HAVE BARRETTS ESOPHAGUS, ALSO. I CAN NOW EAT WITHOUT HAVING ANY, PROBLEMS AT ALL, NOT ANY GAS OR ANY HEART BURN. IT IS SO NICE NOT TO HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT ANY MORE. I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE. LINDA.

12/31/2010 9:57:27 PM

Reviewer: 327, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've had heartburn and acid problems for about 6 months now. It was misdiagnosed for about 2 months. I started taking Nexium at 40 X1day and Zantac 150 X2day and it did not help a lot. I was then switched to Nexium at 40 x2day w/the Zantac 150 x2day and it still left me w/acid poblems. After a few months I was switched to Dexilant X1day and Zantac 150 x2day and I have had very few symptoms ... Show Full Comment

12/28/2010 12:03:04 AM

Reviewer: happymama, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This is, by far, the best drug for me in my 18 yr experience with GERD. I don't seem to have any of the side effects mentioned by other reviewers. Took Nexium for yrs but still had symptoms of acid reflux occasionally. With Dexilant, I don't. Just hope and pray that it continues to work so well for me.

12/24/2010 12:34:19 AM

Reviewer: Sylvia, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Now, after 6 weeks on Dexilant 60 mg, I experience relief from GERD. However, I developed a severe migrane, which has now lasted five days. Today, I saw my physician and she ordered an MRI of my brain due to the excruciating, ongoing pain. The MRI is negative, which is a relief, but the headaches continue unabatedly. The ENT who prescribed the medication does not think the headache is a side effec ... Show Full Comment

sore foot
3 warning signs.
mature woman holding fan in face
Symptoms and treatments.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver
What puts you at risk?
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.