Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Vimovo oral.

1/15/2015 9:09:23 AM

Reviewer: Nicole, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was given this drug for pain that I experienced in my neck but it also works well for menstrual cramps. Once a day is all that I take. It has worked better than Advil or anything else that I've taken. Lasts all day and even my cycles are lighter - I'm assuming because there's less inflammation and aggravation down there.

11/22/2014 4:13:31 PM

Reviewer: jim, 45-54 Male (Patient)

Comment:
works well for me arthritic feet...walking better..no side effects from it.

4/18/2014 10:01:36 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor prescribed this for me to help with pain I had from a previous hernia surgery. After taking for about a month, started having severe stomach pain (felt like a heart attack) and had to have an EGD. Severe stomach ulcer found after the EGD. Stopped taking Vimovo immdeiately

1/27/2014 7:46:41 PM

Reviewer: CupCaked, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After three lumbar fusions in ten years' time and lots of Vicodin, Percocet, etc, my P.M. doctor decided to try me on Vimovo. I had taken naproxyn (Aleve, naprosyn, Anaprox) in the past, it worked very well to get rid of back pain, but I wound up with a stomach ulcer. This is supposed to help with that because of the added acid reducer. We'll see, but in the meantime, it's cut my o ... Show Full Comment

1/6/2014 11:24:33 AM

Reviewer: happy sunflower, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took this medication for sciatic pain from hurting my lower back from overuse at home doing yard work. My lower back ahd become inflamed and the sciatic roots were pressured. My doctor prescribed this. I was not effective for pain, or defamation. I also had stomach aches from taking it. Last I tried it again, as it has taken my back year to recover. Thank goodness. and it was effective on mi ... Show Full Comment