Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Livalo oral.

4/29/2014 6:59:09 PM

Reviewer: Livalo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Started 2 mg Livalo in mid-Feb. 2014 and in 2 weeks my cholesterol dropped dramatically from 317 to 213; LDL from 224 to 99; HDL went from 69 to 80. Even though every day I had flu like symptoms I vowed to stay on it until I couldn't stand it any longer I quit on 4/23/14. I had headaches all day and night, my body aches never stopped,queasy/nauseated, and extremely tired all the time. Tried to ... Show Full Comment

3/21/2014 6:28:33 PM

Reviewer: Addie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    After not tolerating several other statins, tried Livalo which caused severe fatigue and muscle soreness. My liver function tests went up to 4x upper limit of normal and after 2 months are not improving. My total cholesterol went UP from 220 to 278! I also developed kidney stones! Repeat labs off the Livalo showed my total and LDL were lower being OFF the drug! My doctor said it inflamed my liver ... Show Full Comment

2/10/2014 1:03:45 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    The muscle pain was intolerable. I had cold chills and felt like my toes and fingers had frost bit. I was sick to my stomach and had diarhea. My headache was so bad, I could not tolerate the light. This is a very scary drug.

2/8/2014 12:29:39 PM

Reviewer: Vi, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Has worked for me, but am having some discomfort in my overall body. I am also on Blood pressure medicine and I feel it may be working against it.

12/26/2013 8:32:14 PM

Reviewer: Sam, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Other medicines e.g. Crestor and Lipitor gave me very severe muscle problems. Livalo, 2mg per day, at bedtime has suited me very well. It is considered to work really well for people of Asian descent (I am from India).