Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Prolia subcutaneous.

8/13/2015 5:14:14 AM

Reviewer: azgrandma, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It has been 13 days since first injection and I have experienced only minor side effects. I had a tight/sore throat type feeling which came on after a few hours of the shot and lasted for about 10 days (no difficulty swallowing or breathing) and increased tinnitus of which I already had, it just became louder. I was worried about increased pain since I am a chronic pain patient, however, I ha ... Show Full Comment

8/11/2015 12:41:07 PM

Reviewer: Leigh, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have had my 2nd injection. 2 weeks and I was hit with body aches and very tired. It lasted about 1-2 weeks. Starting to feel normal again. I still am positive that this will work. The side effects I have experienced are minimal and have not affected my life much. I continue to run most every day, bike, and remain very active at work and home. I am so hopeful and optimistic that my next bo ... Show Full Comment

8/2/2015 7:39:23 PM

Reviewer: kitty, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
When you have a new hammer, everything looks like a nail.

8/2/2015 10:18:05 AM

Reviewer: saurus, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Started with itching skin, then progressed to delayed pressure urtacaria with caused severe itching and huge hives all over my skin. Also very stiff knee joints. I was an extremely healthy woman, running miles every day, working in a high energy job. My Dr convinced me Prolia was the only option for my osteoporosis, I wish I had never heard of the drug! It is ruining my life and should be taken of ... Show Full Comment

7/24/2015 4:29:55 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have experienced no side effects or problems. It is difficult for me to evaluate results, since comparison of bone scans from year to year do not give a clear picture, however the radiologist assures me we have definite improvement two years after the first treatment. The last scan describes my condition as osteopenia; the previous scan classified one site as osteoporosis.