Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Prolia SubQ.

12/10/2013 6:46:08 AM

Reviewer: msmo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It's been a few months since I got my first injection. A few weeks after I received the shot I started having pain in my lower back, knees, right hip and shoulders. It has worsened so much that I wake up at night and have to roll gingerly to my other side due to great pain. I have a crack in a molar. Yesterday I found out that my insurance company was charged over $9,000.00 for the one injecti ... Show Full Comment

12/10/2013 5:50:46 AM

Reviewer: cher, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Had my second injection in October, no side effect at all, thank goodness. Can't wait until next year to have density tested. Patient....talk to the person who gives you your prolia shot about getting a prolia card. Can't find mine off hand, but you should get help paying for your prolia with the card since your insurance doesn't.

12/9/2013 3:06:18 PM

Reviewer: LG, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have had two injections of Prolia and one bone scan showing no improvement. The respones here focus on ease of taking the medication and frequent side effects. I have not had negative side effects and so my focus is on effectiveness. I find little in these reviews that addresses effectiveness of Prolia. The over all rating gives 3 stars to effectiveness, that is little more than 50 percent. ... Show Full Comment

12/7/2013 4:13:03 PM

Reviewer: Barb, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am not certain of the effectiveness of Prolia. I was injected on September 12, 2013. Since that time I have lost a great deal of strength, had pains in my jaw, but more pronounced in the hip joint. The weakness has caused my light case of asthma to be much more pronounced and have struggled to breath. My blood count dropped and I was hospitalized for two days. Also I have been to the ER.

12/1/2013 6:16:32 PM

Reviewer: Hamish Macbeath, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
had side effects within a few hours of injection, started with muscle tightness and tightness in the chest then went on to feeling of weakness and tiredness. At three weeks I have flu like symptoms, swollen tongue and tightness in throat. Taking antihistamines as required to calm bouts of stronger symptoms. Will take my chances and not continue this medication.