Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Gilenya oral.

7/19/2011 10:49:13 AM

Reviewer: Len, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed in March of 2009. I have moderate to severe problems with mobility. I use a cane or crutch to assist with balance and weakness. There are also mild issues with eyesight and muscle weakness. I used Copaxone for 15 months with no changes to my symptoms positively or negatively(no progression!) I have been taking Gilenya for three weeks with no side effects. If all this drug does for ... Show Full Comment

7/12/2011 11:45:33 PM

Reviewer: Angie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been very pleased with Gilenya and its ease of use however, about 4 to 6 weeks after beginning it, I developed mild but annoying achy hip joints.

6/10/2011 10:20:59 AM

Reviewer: Karen, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It might be too soon to tell as I have only been on this med for 3 weeks, but over all it seems to be effective and no more shots!!! My scar tissue had really piled up and this is so much better. A few minor sinus/throat irritations but so-far so-good! Thanks to whomever founded this new med!

5/27/2011 11:53:37 AM

Reviewer: DLS, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had posted my symptoms on 3/16 and see someone else posted the same side effects! It was horrible! The minute I told my doctor what was going on he took me right off the Gilenya. I felt better within a couple of days. I am still taking a break from the meds and am now feeling symptoms of my ms. I will be going back on the AVONEX in a couple of weeks. The tremors, heart pounding out of my che ... Show Full Comment

5/20/2011 9:38:36 PM

Reviewer: NDTabb, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Appreciate the ease after years of unpleasant injection site reactions. *However* the constant bronchitis and minor infections are making me start to consider returning to Betaseron. I hated the shots but hate being constantly sick more.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.