Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of gilenya oral.

3/16/2011 4:35:44 PM

Reviewer: DLS, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Gilenya for a month now and two weeks ago I started noticing side effects: tremors, light headed, swelling in my throat, nauseous and my heart is pounding heavy. I have called my Gilenya support nurse and she recommended calling my doctor right away. I hope everything will be ok because I don’t want to have to go back on Avonex and weekly shots.

3/2/2011 10:21:31 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This medication was the last medication left to try for me. I've been on all of the other therapy medication's. By far Gilenya has made a difference. I no longer have to give myself shots. That means no more bruies!!!! I am very satisfied with the outcome of this medication.

2/23/2011 7:34:13 AM

Reviewer: English teach, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is so much better than injections! I have been waiting 11 years for this, but if my insurance doesn't cover the costs, then it'll be back to the shot for me. I couldn't believe the cost per month when I saw it!

2/19/2011 9:21:19 PM

Reviewer: dawg49, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Waited 11 years for last Wednesday, the day I started taking Gilenya. Only issue so far is mini headaches that stay for a few minutes and go away.....NO MORE NEEDLES!!!!

2/18/2011 2:07:46 PM

Reviewer: CatLover, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Been in the clinical trial for 3.5 years and know I've been on drug for at least the last 1.5...No exacerbations and I feel better than I've felt in years! Only a little sensitivity to light in my eyes. Otherwise it's been great! Cost is the only drawback, but for now Novartis is picking up my copay. When that ends...I stop taking the drug.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture