Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of pradaxa oral.

3/24/2014 3:21:36 PM

Reviewer: Bluebird woman, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Pradaxa for 2-1/2 years. A nice change from the inconvenience of Coumadin. But...I sometimes noticed that after taking it I would feel like it was "stuck" in my throat. What I have just recently learned is that it has given me a bad case of ACID REFLUX! Diagnosed by an ENT! I changed meds and the acid reflux has stopped....hopefully forever!

3/19/2014 1:33:23 PM

Reviewer: MsJeanne, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
So far t his drug has worked better for me than warafin. If you're just now prescibed this drug ask your MD for the "pradaxa savings card" or go the webiste of the manufacturer to get one and your co-pay will go down to about $30. a month.

2/24/2014 3:37:33 PM

Reviewer: sputterheart, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I haven't had as Stroke yet in the 2 and 1/2 years of taking it,but I've had A-fib since I was 15 and am 63 now. That means a went 45 years w/A-fib and DIDN'T have a stroke.So now I'm told that it is imperative that I take Pradaxa and sotalol. Bottom line is $300 plus per month for the Pradaxa. And yes any MD's, I still drink beer too and I don't care. I'd rather enjo ... Show Full Comment

2/24/2014 2:16:15 PM

Reviewer: chuck, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have used for 5 years. NO side effects that I notice. Saves from having to get monthly blood checks.

2/8/2014 11:49:13 PM

Reviewer: lorrie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I don't think I have any issues with this drug other than it has no antidote. It's easy to take and part form a bit of reflux which I take nexium for I do get a lot of aches and pains but I take other meds that can cause this. Overall I think it has to better than warfarin. Just hope they can work on an antidote in case of bleeding.