Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Atelvia oral.

4/1/2012 2:20:41 PM

Reviewer: Annie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is an update from a posting on 1/8/2012. I stopped taking Atelvia but had another episode of severe muscle pain three months later - in my other leg. I do not plan to take any bisphosphonate medications in the future.

3/29/2012 4:36:54 AM

Reviewer: lucia catayong, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have used this drug less than a week and the side effects on the medication is right on, pain is 10+ and is a terrible experience. It is a dangerous drug and should be banned. I do not recommend this medication. "The benefit does not out weigh the risk!"

3/5/2012 10:03:14 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medication for a little over two months with no side effects. I haven't had a bone density scan yet so I don't know it's effectiveness yet. I like being able to eat before taking since I have some stomach issues anyway. I think it helps to lessen the possibility of stomach reactions.

2/17/2012 7:37:17 PM

Comment:
After taking the first pill, 12 hrs. later I was experiencing full-fledged flu symptoms: chills, achy joints, headache, fever...also severe gas in my abdomen (felt like I was being pumped full of helium). Called doc and was told to stop this medication. I've been in bed for two days; could not live like this every week.

2/16/2012 1:41:52 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I thought I was going to die after taking this medication for only 3 weeks. All of my joints hurt. In fact, I lost the use of my middle finger on my right hand for 2 days. I couldn't walk upstairs because my knees hurt so bad. I have never had joint pain before this medication. My bones hurt to the point where I was lying in the bed moaning. I thought, "this must be what bone cancer ... Show Full Comment

Does your kid have symptoms?