Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lo Loestrin Fe oral.

3/30/2012 11:59:52 AM

Reviewer: Reviewer, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This is the first birth control I've been on (started at 17, now 18 y/o). I started in August, so it's been almost 8 months. I had a regular period the first month, and haven't had one since. Quite nerve-wracking at first, but eventually I got used to it. It seems as though a lack of a period is common on this pill so I'm not too worried. I did go through a bit of depression during ... Show Full Comment

3/25/2012 9:22:05 AM

Reviewer: Jillyilly, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have tried going on lo loestrin twice and both time I've hated it. Only plus was that my breasts had swelled up. I had terrible mood swings, somewhat depression like feelings. Acne had gotten somewhat worse, and i now have Melasma which is utterly annoying. Do not take this!

3/5/2012 9:40:13 PM

Reviewer: LD, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Used to take this when I had a boyfriend. Side effects: breast tenderness, moodiness (slight), light periods (yes!). Price was too high so I'm switching to LoEstrin24 FE..

3/4/2012 6:45:04 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I WILL BE REPORTING THIS DRUG TO THE FDA!!! Basically, I have had the following side effects within these past 3 weeks of starting the pill: morning sickness, breast tenderness, bloating, bleeding for 2 weeks, PMS-like symtpoms. Within the past 3 days I have had rage/anger, depression, weakness/fatigue, and some tingling in my fingers and toes. I have taken Orth Tri-cyclin in the past for ... Show Full Comment

3/2/2012 8:38:27 AM

Reviewer: ahall, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I switched to the Lo Loestrin FE from another birth control pill. As I've been taking a birth control pill for years, I needed to switch as I was spotting too much. I don't have trouble on remembering to take it every day at the same time. I take it at 9 p.m. and noticed that during the first month I was terribly nauseous in the morning and I didn't have my period at all which made me ... Show Full Comment