Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Butrans TD.

10/23/2013 12:02:28 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
It helps relieve back pain. Does not stop the pain but decreases it enough that I can function well enough to continue to live alone.

10/3/2013 7:54:33 AM

Reviewer: Southern Lady, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have only been on Butrans for about 9 months.I am happy with the results I have with Butrans. Although, I do have some of the common side effects. Dry mouth, redness of skin,feeling weak, constipation, and dizziness at times. I have seen red rash/bumps under where patch was stuck to my skin but it goes away on it's own in a few days. The correct dose of Butrans has lowered my nerve pain ... Show Full Comment

9/6/2013 2:03:02 PM

Reviewer: Tiffany1ae5ayk, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have never been allergic to anything. After using this product for a few months I began to have a severe rash at patch site. Then I noticed a sever breakout on my back. I developed exzema. I stopped the patch but exzema has not gone away. It has gotten worse. my allergist believes the patch triggered the exzema. Users should be warned of this possible problem.

9/1/2013 7:25:26 PM

Reviewer: Liisa, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I'm using the 5mg patch and wear it on my shoulder for 7 days. It's my first time using this medication for severe arthritis pain. It really helps relieve the pain and I'm able to sleep through the night. I had to insist that my doctor prescribe a pain patch as she was very hesitant, because of possible side effects. So far, I've had none. There is some breakthrough pain experien ... Show Full Comment

6/22/2013 1:39:39 PM

Reviewer: whitedesertwolf, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am only using the minimum of 5mcg/hour. It works well for me except for breakthrough pain. I am using the patch because it prevents the nasuea and stomach-related side effects of other pain meds. I do not want to increase the dose because of the added risk of side effects. Overall, I prefer this to any of the pain meds I have used, except for Darvocet, which was the best.