Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Benlysta intravenous.

7/2/2013 5:25:38 AM

Reviewer: Chelle, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have had 4 infusions so far. Already see improvement in energy level and edema. For a few days after the infusion I have headache, fatigue and no appetite. My total infusion time is about 4 hours but I have very stubborn veins which is always a problem but considering a port. Very happy so far with this medication.

5/26/2013 12:01:36 AM

Reviewer: Jay, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
with in a month of 1st infusion developed ringing in the ears- for the last 3 months develop blood blisters on hands that dry and peel. Feel horrible for about a week after infusion. Off prednisone and sulfazaline (sp) Eased joint pain but has not done anything for the fatigue, brain fog, or chronic headaches.

3/21/2013 12:37:54 PM

Reviewer: jorjae1725, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with SLE in 2011 and I started Benlysta infusions in 2012 and it has been a blessing to me. I suffer from severe joint pain, swelling, fatigue, and horrible migraines and since starting the Benlysta, after only 6 infusions, I feel like I am living my life again. My first few days after infusion are still a bit rough, then I start to feel amazing, about 4 days before my next infusti ... Show Full Comment

3/20/2013 10:29:41 AM

Reviewer: emval, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with lupus in 2010. I had severe joint pain, fatigue and a rash on my arms and legs. In 2012 I began getting Benlysta infusions. At first I did not notice any change in my symptoms. After about 5 months I began to notice that my rash and joint pain were decreasing in severity. I have now been on Benlysta for 11 months and have seen a huge benefit from this drug. I no longer have an ... Show Full Comment

1/10/2013 12:47:59 PM

Reviewer: rnapier103, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have suffered with SLE since 1994 & could no longer take plaquenil due to retinal toxicity. I also have RA & Fibromyalgia & am still on alot of meds for those. I do get insomnia & migranes after the infusion but it does taper off after a couple of days. I started the infusions in March 2012 & do feel better. Unfortunately, a week before my next infusion I start getting very ... Show Full Comment