Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Benlysta IV.

6/2/2012 12:23:44 PM

Reviewer: DJ, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have only had the first 3 initial infusions of Benlysta, and from the very being I could feel a difference in my body. I have never had anything, other than my first steroid injection, that gave me this type of energy. I do still have days that I am not well, but not as often and I recover within a day or two, whereas it use to take up to 5 to 7 days of complete rest to get over my major flare ... Show Full Comment

5/25/2012 8:02:31 PM

Reviewer: Terri, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on benlysta since December 2011. I have seen much improvement in my fatigue. I am somewhat dissapointed that my joint pain has not improved more. Since I was diagnosed 6 years ago I figure it will take some time to get my immune system under control. I do have headaches and feel bad for a few days after my infusion, but it is certainly better than feeling bad every day.

5/16/2012 1:33:47 PM

Reviewer: suzyq, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Benlysta since June 2011. The first 4 infusions left me with nausea, severe fatigue and joint pain for several days after the infusion. Now it is just fatigue for about a day. I am seeing overall improvement in the area of fatigue, and brain fog. Slight improvement in joint pain and swelling. I have begun to lower my prednisone and mtx : )

4/30/2012 3:05:15 AM

Reviewer: let'sfindacure, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
On April 6th, 2012, I received my first infusion at UMC Cancer Center in Tucson, AZ. I had some itching and draining down my throat, but at least the needle in my hand didn't hurt too much. Now my Dr.has me take benadryl 25-50 mg before infusions. For about three days after I was depressed but had energy. I thought I must have done to much as I had a lot of feet, hands, knees, neck and shoul ... Show Full Comment

4/23/2012 7:32:20 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)