Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Benlysta IV.

4/23/2012 4:49:26 PM

Reviewer: Ann3214, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Benlysta since June 2011. For 1 week after infusion, I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Severe pain in joints and muscles, headaches, nausea and unbelievable fatigue. Also, I'm having trouble with episodic aphasia and insomnia. It has reduced my oral ulcers, raynaud's and cardiac symptoms, so it is effective. The administration and side effects are very demanding.

3/31/2012 8:01:45 AM

Reviewer: anon, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have had positive results from taking this . my joint pain has lessened and I have more energy and less fatigue . I am making other changes in my life with diet and exercise and don't know if they are the reason for the improvements or the Benlysta. I still experience occasional vision problems and dizziness unfortunately .

11/23/2011 12:08:10 AM

Reviewer: TracyKay, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Received my 4th infusion last week. Noticing less joint pain and increased range of motion. Best of all no flares. I feel more energy than I have had in 2 years and am able to stay more active. It appears to be helping me a lot. I am so grateful for this miracle drug. It's given my life back to me.

11/3/2011 12:21:06 AM

Reviewer: LupusAdventurer, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am 10 weeks into my treatment with Benlysta and have had 4 infusions. Slight reactions after the first treatment of fatigue, short-lasting shooting headaches and occasional dizziness for 1 week, but no reactions after the subsequent infusions. My symptoms began greatly decreasing about 2 weeks ago. I am feeling a great deal better, with less pain, more energy, improved cognition, reduced join ... Show Full Comment

10/22/2011 3:05:57 PM

Reviewer: dovecote2_, 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
The first infusion left me with a 3 martinis reaction. Then some nausea and very tired for a couple of days. The second was quite different in body response. Mostly just very tired and no appitite. My third is scheduled for 10/31 so I'm sure it will be intersting afterwards. No change in pain or the myriad of other lupus symptoms. Dr. said after the fifth I should start noticing small incre ... Show Full Comment