Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of anastrozole Oral.

7/24/2012 5:00:15 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking the drug since Nov. 2011. I was diagnosed with first stage breast cancer in both breasts between last week of Aug. and first week in Sept. of 2011. I was told that the left breast definitely had to be taken, but on the right I had an option, either a mastectomy or a lumpectomy. I decided on a bilateral mastectomy with no reconstruction. The biopsy showed all the cancer gon ... Show Full Comment

5/14/2012 4:02:02 PM

Reviewer: on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
I have severelly decreased appetite with this drug. I am insulin dependent. I use a pump. With pump basal and bolus rates. Decreased both since decreased appetite. BUT--did not decrease my basal rate enough at night since not eating between 8P and 6A. THEREFORE--SEVERE HYPOGLYCEMIA twice. COULD HAVE DIED HAD HUSBAND NOT CAUGHT IT. CLEARLY A DRUG INTERRACTION. NO WARNING OF T ... Show Full Comment

5/6/2012 8:24:14 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I experienced severe hot flashes, weight gain and hair loss. My oncologist said to take it anyway since it is the best drug for me. However, the hot flashes and weight gain are awful and I am now a borderline diabetic.

5/6/2012 10:01:41 AM

Reviewer: Female (Patient)

Comment:
This medication caused me to have heart problems, It raises blood pressure and causes chest pain (heart attack)

4/27/2012 12:46:34 PM

Reviewer: Maura, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am newly taking this drug and am having very bad body aches. They are painful enough that I take ibuprofen every six hours to cope, even through the night. If I don't take the ibuprofen, I almost can't walk or get out of a chair. I have yet to report this to my oncologist, but I will. Other than that, I have no complaints.

man rubbing painful knee