Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Altavera 28 oral.

10/1/2013 10:53:03 PM

Reviewer: leighmers , 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was a complete mess when I was on this. I switched from Sprintec because it wasn't making my periods light enough. Altavera definitely made them lighter, but I was a complete wreck the entire week of the white pills. I also gained 15 pounds. Since switching back to Sprintec I have already began to lose the weight. I was on it for about 6 months.

3/28/2013 5:28:59 PM

Reviewer: sam, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
While unlike other BC I've tried it doesn't throw my cycle out of whack, however at 3 months in and 2 weeks into that specific pack, I started to developed severe pain in the sides of both my breast. I went to gyn and found out I had a cyst (follicular) and she decided that was the culprit. After that months period pain and cyst were completely gone, now a month later and the exact same ti ... Show Full Comment

2/28/2013 1:04:12 PM

Reviewer: Toxic4me, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
After four trips to the ER, and eventual admission to the hospital, this drug was toxic for me. The nausea was beyond severe. I lost 8 lbs in a month. No one could figure out what was wrong with me. It was intensely scary. Only after staying in the hospital, being tested for everything under the sun and finding nothing, did I realize that a week after stopping this pill,(due to being in the h ... Show Full Comment

1/4/2013 2:15:53 PM

Reviewer: kelcon, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have used bc pills in the past. Ive never had acne issues. with this medication, i have had terrible acne on my back and posterior torso. I have been "spotting for approximately 2-3 weeks usually in the evening although trying to take the pill in a 2-3 hour window each day. the spotting started after missing ONE day's dose. I liked my other birth control pill Necon better.

9/3/2012 8:17:27 PM

Reviewer: Bambi, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I will be calling my doctor, because only 3 weeks and I am so bloated. My tummy is tore up this week, probably due to my period coming, but it's hurting and diarrhea after every meal, formthis entire week.I have to call my doctor. I am way too bloated. What is up with being unable to pull up the side effects? My original pill was discontinued. Bummer.