Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Altavera (28) oral.

7/30/2014 3:44:28 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Altavera for a year now and I am very pleased with this medication! Periods are only 3 days long and always on time, light and no cramping at all! No mood swings or attitude changes during cycle. No acne or weight gain, I'm still able to workout and run everyday with no cramps or problems! This medicine is great and highly recommended for teens or young adults!

6/29/2014 5:04:38 PM

Reviewer: shellyrobinson4, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I am a healthy, active 25 year old who has never smoked. I was put on Altavera approximately 7 months ago. Last week I experienced intense pain in my calf. I went to immediate care and the doctor told me it was most likely a pulled muscle. However, the doctor ordered an ultrasound to be on the safe side. I have a blood clot in my leg from Altavera. I am on blood thinners. I am lucky it was ... Show Full Comment

5/18/2014 9:33:38 PM

Reviewer: notfooled, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Horrible experience on AltaVera. I had nosebleeds and migraines, neither of which I ever experienced before. Horrible mood swings, which is also not normal for me. I felt out of control of my emotions. I didn't gain any weight (I run regularly). Bloating, cramps, and 2-3 week regular-heavy periods every month. Never again!

2/24/2014 3:35:47 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was put onto Altavera because my pharmacy did not have my normal BC pill, Portia. I could tell something was off within the first few days. I didn't feel well (nausea and tired) and was having horrible mood swings (severe depression and anger). I switched to a different pill this month (levora, I think) and everything seems to be better. Be warned about the mood swings on Altavera!

12/3/2013 3:50:52 PM

Reviewer: Mayjune87, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Going on my 6th month with this, I am very happy with it. There was a bit of spotting in the first month, but afterwards it has been a non-issue. My menstrual cycle is on time, no bloating or weight gain like I had with Lo Loestrin Fe (the only other pill I've tried). Acne is minimal; I get a couple breakouts on my jawline, but I've always had bad acne and am taking medication for it.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.