Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Amethia oral.

9/11/2012 11:51:37 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on bc pills for over 20 years with no issues. I have taken jolessa(generic) for several years and would have some break thru spotting that wasn't a big deal but changed pharmacies this year and was given Amethia. The first few weeks were ok but the 4th week i started full blown bleeding! It was very heavy and clotty. 6 days later i am still bleeding that heavy with terrible cram ... Show Full Comment

9/1/2012 9:39:46 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This has been a nightmare. If I miss ONE pill I get my period for 2 weeks. I was on Camrese before and loved it, my pharmacy switched me to this and I'm calling the doctor first thing to switch back. This 2 week period has happened twice in the 4 months I've taken it. Horrible. Do not waste your time with this useless generic.

8/5/2012 4:42:34 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I hate Amethia!!! The first month taking this pill was fine. Since starting the second pack, my mood has been all over the place. I have also been bleeding heavily for the past 2 weeks with severe cramps. The cramps are so severe that I cannot walk when it happens. I constantly wake up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain in my lower abdomen. I am going to stop taking this drug immedi ... Show Full Comment

8/2/2012 9:37:46 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Started taking this about two weeks ago... Haven't stopped crying since. My boyfriend told me he was going on vacation for a weekend, no big deal right? I cried for THREE DAYS straight every time I looked at him. I'm NEVER like this and I am definitely going to have to find something else.

8/2/2012 1:38:20 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Do not take this! After becoming sick while on amethia I gained 6 lbs, I'm not saying it was from the pill but afterwards I was unable to lose any weight at all. Also after missing 1 pill, I graciously received my period for 3 straight weeks. It also made me very emotional, literally I'd be in tears over anything. It was also supposed to "reduce my migraines" which went from arou ... Show Full Comment