Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Bydureon SubQ.

9/1/2012 12:19:13 AM

Reviewer: Babs53, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
Blood sugar is stable, but my A1c was at 5.6 when I started using this 2 months ago. My Dr. Just wants it lower. I have just lost 50 lbs, and Dr. said this would help with weight and lower A1c, too. Maybe, but I have lumps everywhere I have injected the drug, and they itch. One has turned into a bad sore. AND, MY HAIR IS FALLING OUT! No! I'm not kidding. Nothing else has changed in my di ... Show Full Comment

8/18/2012 10:58:33 PM

Reviewer: Peepg, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Bydureon for about 4 weeks. My numbers are gradually coming down into the mid 150's. The Doctor (and the Bydureon studies) say that max effectiveness or steady-state occurs around 6 weeks. Side effects are the nodes in my stomach that also itch sometimes (the itching is gradually going away as well. Some nausea.

8/15/2012 1:08:19 PM

Reviewer: nettygirlhoutx, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this med for 8 weeks, and have experienced swelling and itching at the injection site. I have had stomach upset while taking this med. I have not see any beneficial reduction of my blood sugars and not have not benefited from any weight loss. Appetite has not changed. I had better results with Byetta and will ask my dr at next visit to go back to Byetta.

7/30/2012 10:15:32 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took my 6th dose of Bydureon yesterday. My blood sugars are perfect! The majority of my sugars have been in the 90 to 130 range EVEN AFTER MEALS. I was taking 50 units of Lantis @ night and using Humalog to cover as needed. I am now down to 15 units of Lantis and will probably continue to reduce this slowly. I have not had any bumps or redness or itching. I have had nausea and diminished a ... Show Full Comment

7/27/2012 1:57:28 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After my third shot, the first two shot areas started to itch and a red raised 2" circle showed. The day after the third shot, it also raised and started itching. The sort of itch that keeps you up all night & anti-itch creams do not seem to help. My doctor/nurse was not able to help with an explanation.

sore foot
3 warning signs.
mature woman holding fan in face
Symptoms and treatments.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver
What puts you at risk?
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.