Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Bydureon subQ.

9/29/2012 1:46:00 AM

Reviewer: bao, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have only taken 2 shots. The shots have been easy to assemble and to inject. I haven't taken it long enough to know its effectiveness, that's the reason for the low score. I'm not satisfied yet. I'm having large injection site bump (about 2cm long), with reddness and itching. The itching is aggravating, never goes away. I might have a slight decrease in appetite.

9/14/2012 10:58:49 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Additional Medication for Diabetes Type 2
9/5/2012 9:17:25 PM

Reviewer: perseverance, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medication for eight weeks with blood sugars now higher than before I started taking this drug. Each injection site continues to have a lump or node that is not disappearing. Each new injection swelled to about the size of my hand and began itching. I have had two bouts of extreme nausea and vomiting which I first attributed to the flu, but now have realized it was probably a ... Show Full Comment

9/1/2012 12:19:13 AM

Reviewer: Babs53, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
Blood sugar is stable, but my A1c was at 5.6 when I started using this 2 months ago. My Dr. Just wants it lower. I have just lost 50 lbs, and Dr. said this would help with weight and lower A1c, too. Maybe, but I have lumps everywhere I have injected the drug, and they itch. One has turned into a bad sore. AND, MY HAIR IS FALLING OUT! No! I'm not kidding. Nothing else has changed in my di ... Show Full Comment

8/18/2012 10:58:33 PM

Reviewer: Peepg, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Bydureon for about 4 weeks. My numbers are gradually coming down into the mid 150's. The Doctor (and the Bydureon studies) say that max effectiveness or steady-state occurs around 6 weeks. Side effects are the nodes in my stomach that also itch sometimes (the itching is gradually going away as well. Some nausea.