Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Alyacen 1/35 (28) oral.

2/12/2014 8:29:47 PM

Reviewer: PinkGirl, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I put on this birth control after having an adverse reaction to Yaz. At first it was fine and my period was very light. I started to notice I was more snappish but considered it just PMS. Then I would have my "sad" days and just cry at the drop of a hat. I've always been a happy person but this pill made me think I needed to see a shrink b/c of the depression, anxiety, and anger it c ... Show Full Comment

1/13/2014 11:40:41 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This drug is simply awful. In just 3 weeks, I have gained weight, feel extremely anxious, very emotional to the point of nervous breakdowns, my period became unpredictable and heavy, my belly is bloated, and my face broke out in strange red spots. I feel very bad and I just don't want anyone else to feel like this. Do not risk it; choose another pill!!!!

12/5/2013 7:53:23 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
this is my second week taking Alyacen, I switched pharmacies and this is what was filled instead of necon. I have had horrible bloating, headache, and it makes my stomach hurt, I think I am also holding water because my weight is saying I have gained in the last week. I gave it over a week and the symptoms have not lessened- I am switching back to necon and changing pharmacies if I need to.

7/8/2013 4:40:09 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My pharmacy switched me to this because Necon 1/35 was back ordered. I took Necon for 6 years...NO problems! 3 Weeks into Alyacen and I feel so anxious I can hardly function. So bad I thought I was having a nervous breakdown! My face has also broken out and I have been very bloated. Thank god I finally found another pharmacy that carries my necon. Don't take this one ladies.

3/19/2013 2:58:46 PM

Reviewer: jurist, Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Same as other reviewers, pharmacy just switched from Necon, which I had been using for years, to this. I feel bloated, have had ridiculously abnornmal and heavy periods and cramping, and they are completely unpredictable. After reading these other reviews, I am not alone. I will be calling pharmacy to go back to normal pill.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.