Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Viorele (28) Oral.

2/11/2013 3:09:13 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
As many other reviewers on this site, I have been switched from Kariva to Viorele by CVS 5 months ago. Needless to say, it did not go over well: weight gain, migraines, bloating, etc... still persisting after the 3 months adjustment period. I am started to think that there is something to be said about name brands... I am going to take my chance with Mircette.

2/11/2013 11:22:18 AM

Reviewer: angrystudent1, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
As in most cases, CVS switched me from Kariva to Viorele without any notice and it all went down hill from there. I have had the worst symptoms of depression as well as frequent headaches and not been myself since I started taking this drug. I'm very angry, This is not okay! I will be switching back to Kariva very soon. If you are taking this drug and not feeling the best, make the switch!

1/26/2013 8:54:45 PM

Reviewer: born2sing, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is VERY interesting. I didn't know that many others were being affected. I, too, was switched from Kariva to Viorele through CVS with no notice. This is month 2 on these pills. I've started spotting 4-5 days before my period and my period, which was normally 4 days is now 6-7. I am very unhappy. Someone mentioned going to Walgreens so I might have to try another route to get Kariva.

1/20/2013 12:15:40 PM

Reviewer: EM830 , 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I too was one that was switched from Kariva to Viorele and I was freaking out at first because my pharmacy didn't even inform me about the switch in the pill and I didn't notice until I got home. I read all the reviews on here and I wasn't going to take it but I figured I would give it a try. Honestly I've had no side affects and usually with Kariva I was ver emotional the week bef ... Show Full Comment

1/18/2013 2:34:52 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was hesitant to switch from Ortho Tri Cyclin lo (which I've been on for 6 years) but my doctor assured me Kariva would be the right pill for me. The pharamcist at CVS told me it was no longer made, so she gave me Viorele instead. I thought I'd try it since I was switching pills anyway. WRONG. After reading these posts my mysterious symptoms all make sense now. So much bloating and gassin ... Show Full Comment