Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Viorele 28 oral.

11/17/2013 3:38:15 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking Viorele for over a year now, and it occasionally gives me very lengthy periods (I'm currently on week #5 of my 4th ever month-long period). I also still have fairly bad cramps. However, I'm only using this medication for birth control and it is very effective at preventing pregnancy. I would recommend Viorele to anyone that doesn't want to get pregnant and doesn ... Show Full Comment

11/7/2013 9:28:42 PM

Reviewer: Ms j, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on kariva for about 6 years and had no problems with it. Then all of a sudden my pharmacy switched me to viorele and said it was the generic brand of it. Well I took it and it was horrible. I had mood swings, weight gain, and worse of all it completely took away my sex drive. I had my dr call up there to find out why I was given this and the next day I had my kariva back. When I stopped taki ... Show Full Comment

10/30/2013 4:37:28 PM

Reviewer: Ihateviorele, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
After 5 years on Yaz I switched to Viorele because of all of the hype. The worst 3 months of my life. Headaches, nonexistent sex drive and miserable mood swings. I've never been one to blame these issues on my birth control but it was so obvious. It almost ruined my relationship. I have been on a new pill for a week now and already feel like a new person. Do not take this pill.

10/28/2013 9:45:05 AM

Reviewer: LaFlaka84, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I too was on Kariva and got switched to Viorele...i only been taking it for a month but i have notice the change in mood swings. My BF tells me all the time that im being bitchy. After last night chest pain episode i decided it to look it up and found this. i thought i was the only one going through this. Calling my doctor today to switch.

10/3/2013 1:41:21 PM

Reviewer: Jay, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
ive been taking this medication for about 2 weeks now and i have been feeling horrible. I have been so nauseous and have even been throwing up. I have also been experiencing the mood swings. I'm so glad I read all these reviews. I will not be taking this pills after I finish this pack.