Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Viorele Oral.

3/6/2013 7:04:01 PM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had been previously on Kariva for years, switched to try another method and in January asked to go back on Kariva. CVS didn't have it and insisted Viorele was the same. Since then I have spotted 4-5 days the week before my period, had a 6-8 period and have had constant headaches and sore breasts. They are so sore I don't want to be touched. My boyfriend commented that I havent seemed mys ... Show Full Comment

3/3/2013 8:44:35 AM

Reviewer: kk, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have noticed the horrible headaches and weight gain on this drug. Like everyone else, CVS switched me without informing me. I took it figuring it would be the same. Well, since I have taken this drug. I think I am 2 packs in, I have not gotten a period since The end of December. It is now beginning of March. I have tested negative on three pregnancy tests, but going to the doctor this week to g ... Show Full Comment

2/11/2013 3:09:13 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
As many other reviewers on this site, I have been switched from Kariva to Viorele by CVS 5 months ago. Needless to say, it did not go over well: weight gain, migraines, bloating, etc... still persisting after the 3 months adjustment period. I am started to think that there is something to be said about name brands... I am going to take my chance with Mircette.

2/11/2013 11:22:18 AM

Reviewer: angrystudent1, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
As in most cases, CVS switched me from Kariva to Viorele without any notice and it all went down hill from there. I have had the worst symptoms of depression as well as frequent headaches and not been myself since I started taking this drug. I'm very angry, This is not okay! I will be switching back to Kariva very soon. If you are taking this drug and not feeling the best, make the switch!

1/26/2013 8:54:45 PM

Reviewer: born2sing, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is VERY interesting. I didn't know that many others were being affected. I, too, was switched from Kariva to Viorele through CVS with no notice. This is month 2 on these pills. I've started spotting 4-5 days before my period and my period, which was normally 4 days is now 6-7. I am very unhappy. Someone mentioned going to Walgreens so I might have to try another route to get Kariva.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture