Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lotrel Oral.

1/12/2008 12:27:04 PM

Reviewer: Maria, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Lotrel satisfactorily controlled my severe hypertension. I stopped taking it for a while and when i had problems again the hospital put me on metropolol which did absolutety nothing I demanded to go back on Lotrel and it WORKS. I do get a headache when starting or stopping the drug and the cough is typical of any ace inhibator, but overall for me this is the solution. I might add i only use Bran ... Show Full Comment

1/7/2008 11:21:19 AM

Reviewer: schaefed@bboed.org, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Lotrel for about six months. Blood pressure is steady, but I am noticing a weight gain. A slow, steady weight gain. I am not overweight, run/exercise on a regular basis and my "habits" have not changed. Has anyone else had this type of effect? Until reading these reviews, I never put the two together.

1/4/2008 9:43:45 PM

Reviewer: KCosta, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Used 10 mg Norvasc + 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide. And my blood pressure was 140/98. Switched to 5/20 mg Lotrel + 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide. After 48 hours my blood pressure dropped to 114/75.

1/2/2008 9:56:14 AM

Reviewer: cappy, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
The side effects have become unbearable. Impotence, severe fatigue and weight gain.

12/21/2007 8:40:54 PM

Reviewer: SBKat, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My Dr gave me to high of dose, 5/40 & kept me on Lisinopril/HCTZ 20/25, I'm a 110lb 45yo Fe. On 2/4/07, after 12 days I had a severe hypotensive episode, & lost my BP for a while. I have experienced brain damage, especially in regards to speech & memory, as well as numerous chronic neurologocical & physiological problems. Interesting enough, the majority are noted side effect ... Show Full Comment