Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lotrel oral.

1/15/2008 7:08:12 PM

Reviewer: cozaar, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I started taking this drug over a year ago. I had chronic hypertension the likes of which my Dr had never seen on anyone conscious. She told me my age was saving me and put me on Lotrel. HBP runs in my family. Within two weeks my BP was down to normal ranges. However a year and a half later I cannot bear the dry cough that wakes me up at night, annoys my pastor in church and keeps people at a di ... Show Full Comment

1/12/2008 12:27:04 PM

Reviewer: Maria, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Lotrel satisfactorily controlled my severe hypertension. I stopped taking it for a while and when i had problems again the hospital put me on metropolol which did absolutety nothing I demanded to go back on Lotrel and it WORKS. I do get a headache when starting or stopping the drug and the cough is typical of any ace inhibator, but overall for me this is the solution. I might add i only use Bran ... Show Full Comment

1/7/2008 11:21:19 AM

Reviewer: schaefed@bboed.org, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on Lotrel for about six months. Blood pressure is steady, but I am noticing a weight gain. A slow, steady weight gain. I am not overweight, run/exercise on a regular basis and my "habits" have not changed. Has anyone else had this type of effect? Until reading these reviews, I never put the two together.

1/4/2008 9:43:45 PM

Reviewer: KCosta, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Used 10 mg Norvasc + 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide. And my blood pressure was 140/98. Switched to 5/20 mg Lotrel + 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide. After 48 hours my blood pressure dropped to 114/75.

1/2/2008 9:56:14 AM

Reviewer: cappy, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    The side effects have become unbearable. Impotence, severe fatigue and weight gain.