Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lotrel Oral.

1/12/2008 12:27:04 PM

Reviewer: Maria, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Lotrel satisfactorily controlled my severe hypertension. I stopped taking it for a while and when i had problems again the hospital put me on metropolol which did absolutety nothing I demanded to go back on Lotrel and it WORKS. I do get a headache when starting or stopping the drug and the cough is typical of any ace inhibator, but overall for me this is the solution. I might add i only use Bran ... Show Full Comment

1/7/2008 11:21:19 AM

Reviewer: schaefed@bboed.org, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Lotrel for about six months. Blood pressure is steady, but I am noticing a weight gain. A slow, steady weight gain. I am not overweight, run/exercise on a regular basis and my "habits" have not changed. Has anyone else had this type of effect? Until reading these reviews, I never put the two together.

1/4/2008 9:43:45 PM

Reviewer: KCosta, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Used 10 mg Norvasc + 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide. And my blood pressure was 140/98. Switched to 5/20 mg Lotrel + 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide. After 48 hours my blood pressure dropped to 114/75.

1/2/2008 9:56:14 AM

Reviewer: cappy, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
The side effects have become unbearable. Impotence, severe fatigue and weight gain.

12/21/2007 8:40:54 PM

Reviewer: SBKat, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My Dr gave me to high of dose, 5/40 & kept me on Lisinopril/HCTZ 20/25, I'm a 110lb 45yo Fe. On 2/4/07, after 12 days I had a severe hypotensive episode, & lost my BP for a while. I have experienced brain damage, especially in regards to speech & memory, as well as numerous chronic neurologocical & physiological problems. Interesting enough, the majority are noted side effect ... Show Full Comment

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.