Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Xeljanz oral.

12/6/2015 4:17:45 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Xeljanz for 9 months. It was highly effective at the twice-daily 5mg dosing, but it wrecked my stomach. So I quickly switched to once-daily dosing. Stomach issues gone but I still gained 12 lbs (from an original weight of 113 lbs) and lost quite a bit of hair. The moderate improvement is better than none at all, but recently my blood cell counts fell somewhat. So the future is a q ... Show Full Comment

11/29/2015 2:08:53 PM

Reviewer: karjoy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed in 2008 and I've been on Prednisone,Methotrexate,Leflunomide, Plaquenil,Enbrel, Humira, Orencia and have been on Xeljanz since Feb. of 2015. I feel that it's working fairly well, but have gain so much weight like others. Am exhausted most all the time and depressed more with it too. I don't know how much more of this I have to take. I'm feeling as good as I ever ... Show Full Comment

11/21/2015 4:27:21 PM

Reviewer: pbrinoe, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have Ra I've been on embrel,humira methetrexate,cimza,orencia,omg now xeljanz,I was happy cuz no needles, well after a year its ineffective. I have flares all the time,which keeps my prednisone high,I'm fat sad and tired. I'm going back on cimza, cuz my doc thinks it was the best, ok,ugh!

11/5/2015 6:53:53 AM

Reviewer: pain, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have tried every drug and injection for about 20 years. I went on xeljanz about 9 months ago. It worked right away I was so happy. But Ihave gained 10 lbs which I am not happy about and I have the worst leg cramps I am trying to decide weather to go on a drip or continue this poison , It is hard to know what todo because it is such a debilitating condition to have all your life And the cost is o ... Show Full Comment

10/13/2015 1:07:04 PM

Reviewer: Terri, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 52 year old female... I have been on Xeljanz for the last six months... at first it was great for me then all of a sudden it stopped working. I take it along with the plaquenil and lodine for pain but I am more swollen and sore on a daily basis.. than I ever was on Enbral it's a shame that stopped working for me..