Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of norethindrone contraceptive oral.

4/5/2012 8:05:22 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This treatment has been very effective with little to no side effects.

1/6/2012 10:21:18 AM

Reviewer: Coke Drinker, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'm a 39 year old overweight virgin and since I'm not having regular sex nor have I had any children in my life so far, I needed some hormones to protect my ovaries from cancer and harmful diseases that can happen to it from "non-use". So I started taking this pill and my periods went from 4 days to 1 day to no days and my dr said that not having a period for 6 months is okay, b ... Show Full Comment

8/2/2011 3:10:28 PM

Reviewer: Dee, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking it for two weeks. I feel sick all the time my head hurts all day. I can't sleep. I feel weak and tired and my hair and skin look dry. This is not helping.. I think its a pill to shut you up and make you think their doing something for you. SMH!

3/14/2011 2:30:20 AM

Reviewer: Jamie, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this drug for a year. Side effects i have the unwanted hairs, both sides of my stomach where the ovarys are sore all the time. I have not had a peoriod. I was suppose to get it a break. But now having all the issues that are on the list. I am itchy, my head is always sweating and i try washing my hair alot and face. Acene is bad. Oh and being in the sun, burns my skin. Not to me ... Show Full Comment

2/7/2011 10:27:41 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I'm over 65 with multiple uterine fibroids which causes heavy bleeding with huge clots.This matter affects my quality of life-can't leave home while bleeding so profusely. Been taking Norethindrone for 9 months and don't see any improvement. Been researching side-effects and seem to be suffering from one of the "rare" ones-hair loss. Although a process of aging, I have gone ... Show Full Comment