Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of norethindrone (contraceptive) Oral.

3/14/2014 11:33:07 PM

Reviewer: Alicia0816, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this medication almost year ago for endometriosis. In the beginning it was awful, I had the side effects. From bloating to weight gain and my moods were all over the place. I kept taking it as it's my last option to prevent more surgeries and I'm glad I did. After a few months the side effects went away and my moods are back to normal. I know you read some bad reviews but ... Show Full Comment

2/27/2014 8:29:04 AM

Reviewer: cfinch, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I began taking 5 mg Norethindrone three years ago for endometriosis, heavy and painful periods, and ovarian cysts. I've had multiple surgeries and the endo would grow back. I was taking massive amounts of ibuprofen every month since I was 15. Norethindrone has stopped my periods and the pain. No more ibuprofen needed! I've had a few side effects - breast tenderness in the beginning, which ... Show Full Comment

11/17/2013 10:28:55 PM

Reviewer: marioluvsme, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this medication for birth control and heavy periods, plus ovarian cysts...I started spotting, break through bleeding (light) at beginning of 4th week. I have noticed that my breasts are incredibly sore.. painful. My nipples are always enlarged. Even just to graze them was hurtful. Ive also noticed that my temper has increased, less patience.

11/9/2013 12:09:46 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Tremendous weight gain

7/18/2013 3:02:09 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am taking this medication to jump start my periods. It has been over six months since I have had a cycle and my husband and I are trying to have our first child. With in 4 days of taking this medication I feel six, my back is in unbelievable pain, my abdomen is in pain, I can't sleep and began throwing up this morning. Not fun, will not be taking this med again.

man rubbing painful knee