Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of norethindrone contraceptive oral.

7/18/2013 3:02:09 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am taking this medication to jump start my periods. It has been over six months since I have had a cycle and my husband and I are trying to have our first child. With in 4 days of taking this medication I feel six, my back is in unbelievable pain, my abdomen is in pain, I can't sleep and began throwing up this morning. Not fun, will not be taking this med again.

5/15/2013 5:34:36 PM

Reviewer: theresa , 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had heavy period for over 4 months and ended up in the hospital needing 4 bags of blood and 3 bags of IV iron. While in the hospital i was given a different hormone and it stopped the bleeding in 2 days and i had no more spotting or bleeding until i ran out of the pills...i saw the doc and he gave me this drug telling me to take it up to 6 times a day until my bleeding stopped. It never actually ... Show Full Comment

10/20/2012 6:57:32 PM

Reviewer: ladytv76, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medicine was prescribed to me by my ob/gyn for pelvic pain caused possibly by Endometriosis. I experienced acne, extreme nervousness/shakiness and insomnia after only 3 days of taking this drug. I imimmediately stopped taking it on the fourth day and flushed it down the toilet!

10/20/2012 3:35:55 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
I started taking this for severe menstrual cramps. My Gyno said to give it at LEAST 3mos. My hormones kicked into overdrive. My boyfriend thought I was "wacky". My breasts were EXTREMELY tender and they felt like they would burst. On my 4th month, I got my period and it lasted 3wks. It didn't seem to make much difference in my cramping either. So I quit taking this pill and ha ... Show Full Comment

7/20/2012 6:45:31 AM

Reviewer: Kayelli, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this medication for fibroids in 2009 to help offset side effects of bone loss from lupron. I had headaches as a side effect that often would be severe and my husband calls them "crazy pills" because he says since I started taking them I'm not myself. I stopped taking them when I stopped receiving the lupron treatments. The medication did not work as I had to have a ... Show Full Comment