Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Actonel Oral.

9/30/2008 9:35:59 AM

Reviewer: bbjean, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have only taken 2 doses,and I am having lower back pain,even when I cough or sneeze.I have a hard time moving or picking anything up due to taking ACTONEL. I called my doctor and he has told me to stop taking it,and together he and I will figure out what our next step will be.

9/21/2008 1:01:40 PM

Reviewer: Tom, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
(RISEDRONATE 150 MG - ORAL) 72 yo male just over the edge of osteoporosis started on Actonel 150 (monthly). No problem taking the drug, nor for a week...then BOOM! Significant pain focused in major joints on right side (knee, hip & shoulder)and across the back...all within two hours. ~7 on a 10(max) scale. Excedrin did nothing, Naproxen 500 did alittle. Lasted 48 hours. Then slowly over ... Show Full Comment

9/15/2008 3:25:07 PM

Reviewer: SamsonG, Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am 35 and have been on Actonel since my late 20s, but I have forgotten to take it so many times (once a week), I can't say I've been on it regularly. I am scared to death reading these reviews and the reviews for Fosamax and Boniva. I haven't noticed any side effects, but I haven't taken the medicine like I should. 2 weeks ago I switched to Fosamax 70mg generic to save money. I ... Show Full Comment

9/7/2008 11:48:48 AM

Reviewer: Barb, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Broke many bones in my early 50's. Have subclinical hyperthyroidism. Been taking Actonel for years. When is it time to stop? Have not broken a bone in 9 years.

7/22/2008 8:35:30 PM

Reviewer: Barb, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Took 75 mg. in the morning and by afternoon started developing severe pain in my back, right hip, left knee, left shoulder and left chest area to the point of being unable to walk or hardly move. This progressed over the next 24-36 hours and gradually improved but took a period of about a month for the pain to completely resolve. I will never take this drug or similar drugs like this again.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture