Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tecfidera oral.

7/25/2014 2:31:58 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Just diagnosed after 2 years and possibly 20, finally all the pieces fit. Not able to work. Started taking Tecfidera just a week ago. I've been taking the medication with peanut butter (suggested). I have had virtually no upset stomach. A couple of days ago, I had some mild itching. The doctor told me to take Benadryl. Today, some rash, redness on my face, intense itching all over. Took mo ... Show Full Comment

7/20/2014 2:03:09 PM

Reviewer: Drew, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This is my 4th day on it, The first4 times I took it I thought I was going to scratch my skin off my entire body then about 15minutes after I took it this morning my body temp felt like it went to about 210 degrees and the itching/scratching began. Thank god my finger nails are very short or I would have been bleeding severely. Hopefully this will all go away with time.

7/19/2014 11:01:08 PM

Reviewer: Jon, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Several issues with Tecfidera. 1) I have to take it with meals to prevent flushing and heart burn, which means I am not taking every 12 hours. 2) It drives my Lymphocyte count down, 3) I get a strange wheezing about 6 hours after taking it

6/29/2014 3:57:04 PM

Reviewer: smkc, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medication for 5 days and have every reaction possible. Chills, fever, flushing, sever stomach pain, severe diarrhea, headache , backache, stiff neck, dry mouth, exhaustion, dizziness. Do not think I will stick with it. I was on copaxone for 7 years and want to stop the shots so I gave the pill a chance.

6/26/2014 9:47:02 AM

Reviewer: Loryssa78, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have only been on this medication for a couple months. I had only minor flushing at the beginning & NO stomach upset. The only thing I noticed since beginning this medication if my left thumb went numb and has been for over a month. It's an annoyance I can deal with though. I started Tecfidera really slow to give my body time to adjust. 1 pill a day for two weeks, then switched to 2 ... Show Full Comment