Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Brintellix oral.

7/30/2014 3:47:44 AM

Reviewer: hopeintruth, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Lots of nausea, it goes away pretty quickly if I take it with food. Constipation, and some weirdness in my stomach. I am experiencing sores in my mouth, which does not seem to be a side effect. I do have to say my mood is way better, I am out of bed and participating in life, I've been on Cymbalta and Wellbutrin which improved my mood but not to this degree I actually feel happy. Not just num ... Show Full Comment

7/28/2014 12:54:25 PM

Reviewer: Richard C. Dean, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Major Depressive Disorder
7/27/2014 9:36:55 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Major Depressive Disorder
7/16/2014 8:12:27 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Brintellix was the first SSRI I have ever tried. I did not really know what to expect. The nausea was overwhelming the first week I was on it (10mg). It dissipated after about an hour and I think it helps to take it with food. I would usually take promethazine (Phenergan) along with it and this helped the nausea immensely. After about a month I increased my dose to 20mg. It has been extremely effe ... Show Full Comment

7/16/2014 3:19:57 PM

Reviewer: Johnnie, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor suggested this med. I started at 10 mg., then went to 20 mg. after one week. My anxiety went through the roof. I stuck with it for three more weeks. Things did not improve. I have tried other meds, but this one has been very difficult. Besides all of this, this medication is very expensive. Can't recommend anything positive about it.