Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Remicade IV.

3/29/2014 5:30:03 PM

Reviewer: disappointed, 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
Was on Humira for 3 years...it saved my life ...loved it. At age 66, no more medical insurance because of retirement...had to switch to Remicade to get Medicare and supplemental insurance to pay for it. Hate the 2 and 1/2 hours sitting at the doctors for an infusion. Felt better on Humira. Definitely Humira is the better of the Biologics. Didn't mind injecting with the pen but 2-3 hours of inf ... Show Full Comment

2/27/2014 6:36:35 PM

Reviewer: Accountant, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Three loading doses went fine. Increased one vial for 4th dose to hopefully get full eight weeks. Didn't work. Went for 5th dose at six weeks and increased again. As soon as it hit my system I started itching and broke out in hives. On to the next. So far my immune system has fought off everything and come back stronger than before.

2/27/2014 1:02:50 PM

Reviewer: Battling RA, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
At my 4th infusion my BP spiked & I was given benadryl. At my 5th infusion seconds after it started my BP went to 220, I had chest pains, couldn't breathe & started vomiting. I was given a steroid shot by the doctor & then given Benadryl by the paramedics. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance & stayed 3 days in the cardiac unit. Multiple visits to the cardiologist aft ... Show Full Comment

1/17/2014 2:36:28 PM

Reviewer: @thankful, 55-64 Female

Comment:
I felt my life was basically over before I started Remicade infusions. After my first infusion I began to feel like my old self again. No flares or pain. I've only had five infusions but am hopeful I continue to benefit from this. I've had itching and dry mouth but can handle that. I'm so much better off now.

1/3/2014 9:43:39 AM

Reviewer: felice19083, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I received my fifth dose yesterday. I developed hives and my blood pressure spiked. Since starting, my hair has started to fall out and I itch a lot. Anyone else? I didn't think Remicade was helping me, but realized that after about 6-1/2 weeks prior to my infusion yesterday, I started feeling really crappy again. I realized that, yes!!!!, it was helping.