Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Arava Oral.

10/30/2014 2:04:16 PM

Reviewer: lostasusual xqtjf8, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I took Arava for about 4 years. It seemed to work well except for potassium levels going up and down. Which caused my blood pressure to be high,something I've never had problems with,and my moods go haywire.I'll drink cherry juice or some other natural way. Two bad experiences with Ra meds is enough for me. Try to keep those joints moving as much as you can daily!

10/19/2014 3:56:16 PM

Reviewer: catlady, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have RA, PA, and osteo. I have been on Arava for about 10 years. My doctor monitors me carefully; I have a lot of other medical problems. It has worked well for me. I got very sick from methotrexate--almost died. Glad it went generic.

7/30/2014 4:25:51 PM

Reviewer: zeze, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
BE CAREFUL ABOUT ARAVA i used arava for only two mthns. i lost 1/2 of my hair and it didnt do anything for my ra. i am so sorry. i cant go to my work because of my hair. i am so angry to my doctor and also to myself. because he didnt say anything about the side effects also i didnt search the side effects. ohh my god. i lost my hair. and still have pain. i tried to wash out arava but kolestran ... Show Full Comment

6/28/2014 2:19:12 AM

Reviewer: starryeyed, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have only recently started with this drug. Unfortunately it seems to cause insomnia for me. Even though I am pain free. I am cracking up from tiredness. My heart rate is also up and I have fever like symptoms. I also aeem to be extremly aggitated ( If this is due to lack of sleep I don't know) . The label on the bottle says avoid alcohol. I did have 3 drinks on one night - to help me sleep. ... Show Full Comment

4/7/2014 3:14:54 PM

Reviewer: Ooochie45, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Does not work. Did not aid in joint swelling

man rubbing painful knee