Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of atacand oral.

7/30/2014 11:31:56 PM

Reviewer: Lisa, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have had no problems with 8mg. Love it. Recently bp jumped up after 2 surgeries so Dr. added Bystolic, not digging it so far, now I have weird chest pains. Hoping after recovery can go back to just Atacand only.

7/21/2013 9:39:40 PM

Reviewer: Pat Ryan, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Only my systolic is ever high. I take no other meds. Usually 128/60 Pulse 60. on medication. Off=150/60 or sometimes systolic is higher. Tried to get by on 16 but need 32 and take it at night. Other meds for BP were awful. Can't take diuretics, K falls too low and get cramps. Pain seems to make my B.P high. Have arthritis.

6/17/2013 6:30:16 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Atacand plus 16mg for only 3 months and have notice joint pain in my hands, whether this is due to the drug or not can not say for sure. It has been effective in getting my blood pressure back to we're it should been. Must admit a little worried reading other comments that users may have obtained liver & kidney damage due to this medication, will be speaking to my GP about ... Show Full Comment

6/13/2013 6:44:22 PM

Reviewer: Adacand oral, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
this was very dangerous for me, shortness of breath, I am very active had to quit the gym, could not walk more than half a block when I was gasping for breath, pharmacist told me that it effected by lungs; now off of if and on a duretic only; lost 2 kg and my bp dropped 3 points

4/24/2013 10:04:24 PM

Reviewer: Bren, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I take half of a 4 mg Atacand and all I can say is that after taking it about 1-2 hrs later I am so tired, my stomach is upset all day, and have a cough. My doctor told me to take 4 mg, with these side effects on just 2 mg I have to be insane to take 4. People talk to your doctor you are the only ones that really know how your body feels, and make sure they are listening.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.