Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Herceptin.

6/29/2008 4:26:20 AM

Reviewer: jw, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Herceptin since Aug of 2007. I feel confident that it is going to work for me and the side effects are worth it. I have experieced fatique,weight gain and overall soreness in my legs. These could also be from chemo that I finished in December. Can't wait to put all of this behind me!

6/18/2008 7:10:56 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: HER2 Positive Breast Cancer
6/12/2008 11:17:45 AM

Reviewer: Atlanta, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was on weekly treatment of Taxol & Herceptin for 12 weeks - now Herceptin alone every 3 weeks for the remainder of a year. I have joint/muscle pain and difficulty walking - especially in the morning. Fatigue comes and goes and can be severe at times. I continue to work fulltime and hope this drug is working to kill the Her2+ protein.

5/6/2008 11:31:58 PM

Reviewer: concerned neice, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
my aunt received this drug once week. each week she would report to the doctor that her cough was worsening, she would swell more, she was hoarse from day one, and never seemed to get any better. the doctor listened to her lungs and told her that there was nothing wrong with her and continued the treatments. after four months of treatment, my aunt is dead. all because a doctor is too stubborn to ... Show Full Comment

4/10/2008 8:34:17 PM

Reviewer: pamme, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
my doctor treated me with herceptin weekly since dec. 4 2007 and since then i gain 17 pounds in four months and now i am experiencing heaviness and edema in my legs and i could'nt stand up for so long. I will probably stop it on my own if my doctor won't agree with my symptoms. I showed my legs increased about 1/4 in size and i never gain weight that much in my entire life.

sore foot
3 warning signs.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver