Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Herceptin intravenous.

5/6/2008 11:31:58 PM

Reviewer: concerned neice, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
my aunt received this drug once week. each week she would report to the doctor that her cough was worsening, she would swell more, she was hoarse from day one, and never seemed to get any better. the doctor listened to her lungs and told her that there was nothing wrong with her and continued the treatments. after four months of treatment, my aunt is dead. all because a doctor is too stubborn to ... Show Full Comment

4/10/2008 8:34:17 PM

Reviewer: pamme, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
my doctor treated me with herceptin weekly since dec. 4 2007 and since then i gain 17 pounds in four months and now i am experiencing heaviness and edema in my legs and i could'nt stand up for so long. I will probably stop it on my own if my doctor won't agree with my symptoms. I showed my legs increased about 1/4 in size and i never gain weight that much in my entire life.

3/24/2008 6:11:24 AM

Reviewer: Vonnie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
my body does not react well, to this rx. As i speak right now, I'm in severe muscle and joint pain. I've told the Dr. , however, he denies the reports I tell him. I'm stopping it myself. That is only one side effect, I have more.

3/21/2008 1:39:23 PM

Comment:
This drug nearly killed me after my third infusion. By the time my doctor, who dismissed my distress over the phone, would see me in his office, my blood oxygen was 82% instead of 100%. At 80 you die. My heart was 4X bigger than normal, one lung was filled with water and one was 80% filled with water. I had ten additional pounds of water in my chest cavity. I fired my oncologist after I left t ... Show Full Comment

2/1/2008 11:15:48 PM

Reviewer: cclark, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I took Herceptin for a year, ending April 2007. For the most part, I experienced no side effects. I started training for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day 60 mile walk and began having serious stiffness after long walks (6 miles or more). It was bad enough that I could barely stand up for a few hours afterwards without lifting up with arms from chair. I also experienced edema in my feet and ankles on a ... Show Full Comment