Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of enbrel subq.

3/16/2013 12:25:28 AM

Reviewer: cherylann427, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis
2/25/2013 12:24:08 PM

Reviewer: Elisabeth, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Serious Side Effects--optical neuritis--- I took Enbrel for 2 years 3 months. For the first 18 months It really helped me live again. My swelling and pain were reduced drastically. I would occasionally have a bad day and have to take some prendisone, but worked well. I started getting headaches and dizzyness that went on for probably 10 months. But it still helped me so much I was willing to live ... Show Full Comment

12/10/2012 10:11:14 AM

Reviewer: Doug in Buffalo, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This drug, after taking it four years led to continuous infections for the last two and half years. Four hospital stays,in home infusion theropy with Vancomysin four times, the loss of my large toe. I am not diabetic. The unhealing of sores caused by sepsis and the unhealing sores that led to 12 casts and off loading boots of all kinds has keep me inactive all this time. This is existing not livin ... Show Full Comment

11/18/2012 8:18:06 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
very easy to bleed upon bumping or touching arms mostly against anything, sometimes don't even realize it

10/29/2012 12:52:26 PM

Reviewer: Beauwalker, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This was te first drug I received to treat my RA. I had one great month. Right after the second injection, I went numb on my right side from my ribs down. It was a demyelizing event. It hasn't gone away. I am glad that this med seems to work for some people, but the risks are high. I am on a cocktail of other drug, none of which has damaged me as significantly as this drug.